Thursday, May 8, 2008
Philosophers dress up party in honor of Tom Rockmore
Tonight we are going to attend a dinner at our downstairs neighbors’ house held in honor of the AUC Philosophy Department’s Distinguished Visiting Professor Tom Rockmore. “It’s a phil-oso-phers’ party” William said, with an important tone of voice, “where are our phil-oso-pher’s clothes?!” (I usually put clothes out for them ahead of time for special events) As he explained himself further, I came to understand that because of the guest of honor, everybody was expected to dress up to look like philosophers, including the children. When I asked him what a philosopher looks like, he motioned to Courtney who was about to leave for work, wearing his lecturing outfit; a tie, shirt and dress pants, adding a casual “nice! We need to look nice.” Now there’s a step in the right direction for yo’all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lovely Lady of La Leche, most loving mother of the Child Jesus, and my mother, listen to my humble prayer. Your motherly heart knows my every wish, my every need. To you only, His spotless Virgin Mother, has your Divine Son given to understand the sentiments which fill my soul. Yours was the sacred privilege of being the Mother of the Savior. Intercede with him now, my loving Mother, that, in accordance with His will, I may become the mother of other children of our heavenly Father. This I ask, O Lady of La Leche, in the Name of your Divine Son, My Lord and Redeemer. Amen.
1 comment:
Gosh Jenni - does this mean there may be a day when I can't wear my jeans to work?
I'm in the wrong business.
Have fun tonight!
Love,
Renee
Post a Comment